Saturday, September 22, 2012

A Bedroom Redo for My Granddaughter

This is my granddaughter who is turning six years old in October.  Her Mom, my middle daughter Carrie are redoing her room as a surprise.  We have less than $150 to spend. 
 

She is pictured here with Flat Stanley watching TV.  He is a flat friend that travels.  You mail him to others who take photos of him doing things with them.  It is a fun game to play.
 
So far, I have made three removable cases for pillows, for a reading nook from pillows I no longer wanted and fabric on hand.  The ties keep the cases in place.
 
I am working on making this free headboard black with chalk board paint in the center.  It's not pretty yet but it will be.  I bought two dressers and this came with them.  the dressers are long gone but this I finally can use.
 
I paid $9.99-20%=7.96 for this mirror and it is going bright green.  I love the detailing and bright color.  It matches the quilt her Mother made for her.  It will be a fun pop of color.
 

This desk came from San Diego when we went to baby sit a dog.  We did a little yard saleing and found this for $25.  It will be perfect once it is painted.
 

I found this fun white rug at a thrift store for $7.99 - 20% = 6.40 for this great addition to the room.  I just popped it into the washer on hand wash, shook it out when done, laid it outside to dry and then put it in the dryer on fluff only for five minutes.  Good as new.
 
I also purchased a cute lamp with shade for $7.99-20%=6.40, red bed skirt to cut up and put on the edges of the white sheet for a curtain, $3.99-20%=3.20, white flat sheet for curtain $2.99-20%=2.40, black bed skirt for the bed $3.99=20%=3.20, two wood flowers with pegs for her backpack $ .50 each.  I have a frame and a board so will be making a chalkboard for her, free.
 
Her Mom has bought with a 40% off coupon, her name in black letters.
 

Pillows & covers = Free
Headboard I had = Free
Mirror = $7.96
Desk = $25.00
Rug = $6.40
Two bed skirts =6.40
Curtain (white sheet) =2.40
Two wood flowers = $1.00
Frame and wood for Chalkboard = Free
Lamp with shade = 6.40
Paint = $13.99
 
Total so far $69.55
Working on getting a dresser and bookshelf still.  No walls can be painted to we are being creative in our decorating.
 
Stay tuned, reveal is October 3, 2012
 
Hugs, Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment